- To close the register select SALES from the menu
- Select CLOSE REGISTER
- Count cash in till and SUBMIT COUNT
- On the next screen you can see whether the register is over or short and how much cash was counted. If all looks correct, select SAVE COUNTS and PRINT RECEIPT
- If the register is out by a significant amount, select REDO COUNTS (If the register is still out and you can’t figure it out, don't be afraid to ask a supervisor)
- Write on the daily cash out sheet if the register was OVER/SHORT
- Fill out ESTIMATED CASH on the daily cash out sheet.
There are 2 ways to find out how much cash was received:
Calculate the DEPOSITED CASH amount (If you are OVER you ADD to estimated cash, if you are SHORT you SUBTRACT)
Take out cash to be banked based on your DEPOSITED CASH amount, and put in the bank deposit bag
- when you are filling out the closing counts it is in the 3rd column under 'Payments'
- on the ‘End Of Day Report’ under 'Cash'
Filling in Daily Cash Out Sheet
- Fill out the full DATE, NAMES & LOCATION
- In Lightspeed select REPORTS then under ‘Roll-Up Reports’ select END OF DAY
- Make sure you are on the correct date then print out report
- Staple all of the days reports to the top left corner of the daily cash out sheet, including your opening count
Closing the Store